Re: really into it now

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: really into it now
From: Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:10:28 +0100

Yep according to the Moss and Rimmer manuals its an American Spec thing
from 76
My car has the holes for it but no brackets.

Mike Hopkins
1980 Spitfire

Growe58@aol.com on 05/08/99 23:29:53

Please respond to Growe58@aol.com

 To:      spitfires@autox.team.net

 cc:      (bcc: Mike Hopkins/Pers/MISLenham)

That "support" was added somewhere around 1975.  You will also notice
"hooks" mounted on the firewall.  I believe that the in the event of a
front
end crash, the "support" was supposed to catch on the "hooks" as the
bonnet collapses instead of being driven up and back through the
windshield.

I have no doubt that no small number of them were removed by a PO
to provide clearance for an oversize battery.

Perhaps our brethren in Britain can verify if this was a US model only
fixture.

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire