Re: really into it now

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: really into it now
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:29:53 EDT
That "support" was added somewhere around 1975.  You will also notice
"hooks" mounted on the firewall.  I believe that the in the event of a front
end crash, the "support" was supposed to catch on the "hooks" as the
bonnet collapses instead of being driven up and back through the windshield.

I have no doubt that no small number of them were removed by a PO
to provide clearance for an oversize battery.

Perhaps our brethren in Britain can verify if this was a US model only
fixture.

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire