Re: Spitfire Exhaust

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Exhaust
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:12:55 -0700
Spit-Folks,

Andy Mace wrote:
> > I suspect that the GT6 muffler would not fit between the rear frame
> > extensions on the '77.

Doug Mitchell replied:
> You may be right, but ISTR that we went through this a year
> or so ago. I know that I measured the box so that someone
> could figure it out. Any body else remember this thread from
> a year (or two) ago? I can measure one of the two boxes that
> I have in the garage (one on the car and a spare), and pass
> that info on.

I remember this.  It must have been more like two years ago as
a check of my local archives (13 months worth) turns up nothing.
I also remember measuring some mufflers.  FWIW I measured the (4)
boxes I have again and come up with:

(1) 20", (1) 21 1/4", and (2) 21 1/2" boxes.

These all fit between the rails on a late model Spit.  So how wide
is a GT6 muffler?  (oooops, I mean silencer   :-))

--
Bob Sykes
"You can't beat your brains for entertainment."