Re: Spitfire Exhaust

To: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Exhaust
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:51:57 -0700
Doug Mitchell wrote:

> I have had a GT6 exhaust on my Spit for several years now. I have
> headers leading to a slightly modified stock Spit pipe, and then
> to the GT6 muffler. The only thing that I would change is to have
> a muffler shop bend and fit the center pipe. I had to use some
> flex pipe between the cut off end of the stock pipe and the GT6
> box because of the slight difference in the line up. It does
> sound and look great. Not as noisy as some of the after market
> systems.

Doug, I got around the alignment problem on the Spit by aquiring two 45
degree angle pieces that are the correct size for the mating pipes.
Each piece has an enlarged end so they fit together.  By twisting them
the alignment is variable and will allow the pipes to be aligned
properly without binding any of them.  The end result is a sort of "S"
shape.  A few properly sized clamps makes the thing secure and it works
well.

Regards,
Joe Curry

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer