Re: Spitfire Exhaust

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Exhaust
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:33:15 -0400
Kevin B. Rhodes wrote:

[Stuff about existing systems snipped]

> exhaust that still sounds good, with better ground clearance. Any
> suggestions?  Would a dual outlet GT6 muffler fit/work well? Will I end up
> having to change the center pipe? Well at least it's a simple system - my
> Peugeot has three mufflers and a rat's nest of piping!
>
> TIA,
> Kevin Rhodes

Kevin,

I have had a GT6 exhaust on my Spit for several years now. I have
headers leading to a slightly modified stock Spit pipe, and then
to the GT6 muffler. The only thing that I would change is to have
a muffler shop bend and fit the center pipe. I had to use some
flex pipe between the cut off end of the stock pipe and the GT6
box because of the slight difference in the line up. It does
sound and look great. Not as noisy as some of the after market
systems.

Hope this helps,

--
Doug Mitchell