Re: [Shop-talk] Balancing wheels

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Balancing wheels
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 07:03:49 -0400 09/06/2020 07:03:49 AM, Serialize complete at 09/06/2020 07:03:49 AM
--===============1479707567533994668==

--=_alternative 003CC6A8852585DB_=

Jeff writes...

>I was always under the impression that new tires had a stamp that
indicated either the heavy spot or the light spot - it was meant to be
mounted next to the valve stem

Yes, there is a yellow dot on the tire that is supposed to go with the
stem.

So, here is what I did.  I took the 4 tires and went to a buddy mechanic
of mine.  He balanced all 4 tires on his $12 Snap on machine with a bunch
of upgrades.

I then took the tires home and put them on my machine.  I ran them all in
different modes and found that I need to use the 'steel' wheel setting,
and it will be right on. (even though these are Al rims.)

So the next set of tires I'll try this out on.

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 003CC6A8852585DB_=

a stamp that indicated either the heavy spot or the light spot - it was
meant to be mounted next to the valve stem</font>
to go with the stem.</font>
to a buddy mechanic of mine. &nbsp;He balanced all 4 tires on his $12 Snap
on machine with a bunch of upgrades.</font>
&nbsp;I ran them all in different modes and found that I need to use the
'steel' wheel setting, and it will be right on. (even though these are
Al rims.)</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============1479707567533994668==--