[Shop-talk] Re-wiring an outdoor outlet

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Re-wiring an outdoor outlet
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:44:29 -0500

--000000000000b8f72a05aa1abd6b

I have this:

https://i.imgur.com/QWy2Ikn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/s39fdds.jpg

Happening at the new house. Those rocks surround the pool deck for
ornamentation, I guess.

Shockingly (or not, heh), those outlets work. I'd like to re-do the whole
thing to be anchored into the ground and not make me nervous every time I
look at it.

The pool is about eight feet away. Maybe two feet of that rock...'garden'
then six feet of concrete decking. Those outlets themselves don't appear to
be GFCI, though I'd think it was a good idea. They have their own
sub-panel, on the side of the house maybe forty feet away.

I'm completely okay with throwing the breaker and installing a new actual
outlet, I'm soliciting advice on how to re-do that conduit (can you
'splice' conduit so I dig and then do it like I'd do PVC?) and anchor the
whole thing firmly to the ground. And for specific solutions you guys can
think of too--I was thinking I could pour a concrete 'rock' in the garage
with a hole for a gang box and then put that where this thing is now, etc.

Thanks guys.

Scott

--000000000000b8f72a05aa1abd6b

=3D"https://i.imgur.com/s39fdds.jpg";>https://i.imgur.com/s39fdds.jpg</a><br=
hockingly (or not, heh), those outlets work. I&#39;d like to re-do the whol=
e thing to be anchored into the ground and not make me nervous every time I=
ybe two feet of that rock...&#39;garden&#39; then six feet of concrete deck=
ing. Those outlets themselves don&#39;t appear to be GFCI, though I&#39;d t=
hink it was a good idea. They have their own sub-panel, on the side of the =
ay with throwing the breaker and installing a new actual outlet, I&#39;m so=
liciting advice on how to re-do that conduit (can you &#39;splice&#39; cond=
uit so I dig and then do it like I&#39;d do PVC?) and anchor the whole thin=
g firmly to the ground. And for specific solutions you guys can think of to=
o--I was thinking I could pour a concrete &#39;rock&#39; in the garage with=
 a hole for a gang box and then put that where this thing is now, etc.</div=

--000000000000b8f72a05aa1abd6b--

--===============9164617367380677576==

--===============9164617367380677576==--