Re: [Shop-talk] De-coupling overhead door torsion spring

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] De-coupling overhead door torsion spring
From: Brian Kemp via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:28:01 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=ozxHXe7D2dzanrJySo7+P6wyGvQBNLOID+lc7/jBi8LoJpBPnOEZklIzQdnXDaRwZujCMZzQI4OnLKfnRnTBtH6rywhVoeaY1nsFCjj8uKwfhHNAvd1VHWWidKd5bAKwwbEJdhvxUdMDnlq5fNiFgJO/bZ4AnQV+XcsQG6a67dOMEqF8DaWfin1B+QSKRy8v9LTSmeLwggTtOc6i38u3p3cQFHk1bIwUuRvqNwo9frpwPA5GwN+9SyBzbAJqWAAgEh5CEDgL5pmsGxhB58AQllke+gkU1TBfZWhgPZKFkmPTQJ02e0fw6nC1m97Y7pjwL8it0Gro09fd8GKzRw4gmg==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Scott - I'd call a local garage door place for an estimate on the
springs.  You might find it is very reasonable.  It is tough and you
need the correct diameter steel rods that will fit the holes nicely.  Do
not stand where the rod can hit you.  Since you are switching to an
insulated door, it might be heavier, so you will have to tension the
door differently.

Installing a door is best as a two person job.  Maybe the installer has
a guy that can stop by after hours and help you out for a reasonable amount.

Brian