Re: [Shop-talk] De-coupling overhead door torsion spring

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] De-coupling overhead door torsion spring
From: Donald H Locker via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 06:41:49 -0400
I did it myself. Two steel rounds to provide leverage on the torsion shaft,
moving them alternately around the torsion shaft, one holding the shaft in
place and moving the second one to the next hole, picking up the tension on
that one, the moving the first. After about two revolutions (eight holes)
all tension was off; most tension was gone by 3/4 revolution.

I would NOT recommend doing it yourself unless you are strong, confident,
careful, thoughtful, and have good insurance. And NEVER stand in the line
of the lever; always to the side of it.

Donald.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail