Re: [Shop-talk] Electric String Trimmers

To: Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electric String Trimmers
From: Brian Kemp via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 21:37:22 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=WpvM9CVFhLhnDxmx7PFEFV/nbXXjWj6er8qJBNzIJCEi06gMJI6rDGrWBpAwTcgrURK54m6sFlpWjIrNFs+aoXP2ZxaURAIey7Qa214JWTExI6qmivKjC6PD3cJp+6na0o4PncZHtbPuc0NBjgGc2AFdBfY1W+viNGa4CIJngNE+pSREjCdrDlAwRvU6xVcqtvOim7W3R6tc4D9R+1+E68iiV23+vWQ3H9J0cenJ8n4EcEYnyBEeCyHlUXfhQyPEH3QitIcblO8G2e8vHlqaqhMMfZsI0cdYYHwi2Pq5PyNEgf0Q5AtTqlvGSZ1tCgIlJRYb+RzgAFoAU9d6GGv7GA==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Regarding your "lower hassle factor" comment, if you stay gas, give the
canned fuel like Tru-Fuel a try.  My blower, string trimmer, and chain
saw always start right up, even after months or 2 years for the chain
saw.  Yes it costs more, but it makes it super easy not having to keep
fresh gas, especially with the mess they have in California.

I had problems starting my Echo string trimmer and went back to the
dealer and the first thing they wanted to blame was my gas.  I said that
I never used anything other than Tru-Fuel and he became super helpful.
Turns out I shouldn't have followed the starting directions as written
and was flooding the engine.  No problems in the 6 years since and it
gets worked very hard 4-5 times a year.

My previous string trimmer was a Ryobi and when the engine died at 3
years and 2 month, all the service places blamed my gas and said to just
toss it.  Have not bought a Ryobi product since and never will.  The
semi-pro Echo is far superior.  Especially like the easy loading string
in the Speed-Feed head - Just take a 20' length of .095 line, stick it
through the hole and twist the head to wind it up.  No more trying to
wrap a spool then install it in the head. This alone is worth most of
the price difference from a home center product to a real outdoor
products dealer.

Also like my Sthil low noise backpack blower.  I have a corded electric
Toro, but it seems louder and has much less power.  It too always starts
right up on Tru-Fuel.  When I use it, I'm running it 30-45 minutes.
Could never expect a battery product to work for me.

Battery products may work for some, but for my situation, I don't
consider them an option and I have zero issues with gas products since I
stopped mixing with pump gas.

Brian