Re: [Shop-talk] Looking for GPS recommendations

To: Gene Abbondelo <eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Looking for GPS recommendations
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:53:42 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
It depends...  :)

I have a Garmin Nuvi currently.  I'm perfectly satisfied with it, and
with Garmin in general (I've used many of their navigation products
over the last ten years).

Features to consider:

Screen size - bigger is better, up to a point

Lifetime map updates - don't buy without this feature.  Map updatess
can cost as much as a whole new unit...

Street names - a voice telling you to "turn right onto Oak Street in
500 feet"  is more useful than the one that says "turn right in 500
feet"

Here's an example of something to consider:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3V71C31741

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.