Re: [Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel Rec

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel Rec
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:17:17 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 02/17/2015 18:17:14, Serialize complete at 02/17/2015 18:17:14
I have a 150' reel of rubber hose.  It never tangles or freezes.  The reel
doesn't have a name on it, but it came from a rescue vehicle supply house.
 It wasn't cheap, but it doesn't leak.

I think a better option for you is to put a ball valve right before the
hose reel.  Then you 'shut off' the supply to the reel.  Not only does
this prevent you from having any leaks if you want to get a cheaper unit,
but when you have the hose pulled out, you shut off the supply, then drain
the air out of the hose and it will reel up much easier!

Enjoy!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Sent by: "Shop-talk" <shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net>
02/17/2015 06:12 PM

Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel Rec

    I want to add a retractable air hose reel in my shop, so I can have
air
out in the driveway and other places, without wrestling with the 100' hose

I have now.  I don't need 100', 75 or even 50 would be fine.  My priority
is that it not leak.  I have no leaks in my system now, and don't want to
add any.  It would be nice to have hose that stays flexible when cold, as
it gets a little chilly here in Illinois ( -10 F tonight, supposedly ) and

I will use it then, to inflate trailer and iceracer tires, among other
things.

    Any recommendations to buy, or ones to avoid?  Thanks.

--
  David Hillman

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/eric@megageek.com