Re: [Shop-talk] Tapping off a crimp connector?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tapping off a crimp connector?
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 13:21:28 -0600
In the 60s, while in the Air Force, I attended a soldering school that
taught us to solder to NASA specs. The problem with soldering wire to
that level was with the solder wicking up under the insulation,
basically making the stranded wire a solid wire. We used anti-wicking
tweezers, which was basically a heat sink that kept the solder near the
connection, allowing for more flexibility of the wire.

Either a high quality crimper, spot welding, or minimal amounts of
solder would be my choice, in that order.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake ml