Re: [Shop-talk] Tapping off a crimp connector?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tapping off a crimp connector?
From: w <wc5813@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:06:55 -0500
On 12/28/2013 10:38 AM, James Stone wrote:
> Why not just solder the connectors on and protect them with heat shrink
> tubing?  That is what I did when I rewired my Alpine last summer.

That's about what I'd do. Important thing - DO NOT force the electrical
connection to do the work of a mechanical connection. Use both.

Twist the wires, put in connector, mash with a good crimp tool (not the
$3 stamped steel thingies), flow solder (gas free joint), heat shrink
tube, and something upstream on the wires to physically hold them so the
vibration to the joint is reduced.

-wayne