Re: [Shop-talk] Water heater quality

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Water heater quality
From: w <wc5813@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:28:33 -0500
On 12/12/2013 10:03 PM, old dirtbeard wrote:
> More important than the price or the warranty on the heater is that
> you need to change out the sacrificial anode rod every five years if you do
> not soften your water, and every three years if you have a water softener.

Doug, any suggestions on how to unscrew stubborn rods? Need to swap out
the ones at my Mom's and my own. 1 1/16" socket seems pretty standard
for them. Mom's won't budge with an 18" breaker bar on it. No compressed
air; I filled my little portable tank and tried the 1/2" impact on it,
but couldn't get enough run time to do any good.

-Wayne