Re: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com> mail.megageek.com> localhost.scooter.p.blarg.net
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:24:02 -0700
Eric wrote:
>OK, here is my most 'anal' post to date...
>
>I've been trying to figure out how to get an *ACCURATE* tire pressure
>gauge.  But I have no idea how to check or calibrate them.

         Here is your solution.  Imperial Supplies has calibrateable tire
gauges

http://www.imperialsupplies.com , under Hardware, Tire Hardware

Calibratable gauges:
http://www.imperialsupplies.com/pdf/vol20/page/M39.pdf
http://www.imperialsupplies.com/pdf/vol21/page/N53.pdf

They also have an Air Gauge Test Station:
http://www.imperialsupplies.com/pdf/3523-1_Tire-Gauge_Care_Use.pdf
http://www.imperialsupplies.com/item/0739570  (includes video of
calibration procedure)

This could be fabbed up fairly easily.  A piece of pipe with ends welded
up, a port with a regulator for filling the pipe with air at a specific
pressure, a port fitted with an accurate test gauge (McMaster has
High-Accuracy Gauges that would work) and a Shader valve to attach the tire
gauge you want to test.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 276,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       412,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff