Re: [Shop-talk] Routers, again

To: "Dave C" <cavanadd@frontier.com>, "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Routers, again
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 08:20:41 -0400 s=q20121106; t=1373026849; bh=AMlgfLABuc0bvB0e6sYkQo2czJwbaIo0vIetvPcKq7k=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Bih80YwfbyN0jEwTJVYEGN31KqJsMFXXu4R9F8A/73Buz7AvLE3nwpTGA5WfWYKAZ Zhm7q/mppYpYm55uCRW4bPHODMDeKHyfhls/IJ/iYNKAX0kdTbpolhZPLYj/kp5cST Od95ehavEdYpa5lCTchkgv6XSFsJiyceFt30mF50ehMONcnswgRy5k8OU7oeyxGHFp CSutq3fRZId03bIJO/rzPoe3CoCDPk7bYiQxQ4g4ANXsAJVJ9CHw7QV9EiVKfKwdG6 ekx7EiLpXczMZbNV6T4890yIdCZbEXetxx7EbVTQMTcLeGi0VHfgHO+Iy8tZqRnAO+ TSR6ynRUlr5aA==
Hi,

    Recently I replaced an old Belkin with an Asus RT-N66U.  It was a bit
more expensive but I've been happy so far.  I had to reboot the old router
almost every time I tried to use the wireless and haven't yet had to reboot
the new one.  It reaches from the middle of our rancher to both ends with
good speed.  What I really like is that it's designed with slots on the back
so I can mount it to the wall to help with the range.

    I am an EE but I didn't use any of what I learned in school to set this
up.  Of course I graduated with my BS in '83 so any discussion about a
router in those days would have been in controlling the speed of the
woodworking kind's motor ;-)

    NFI, etc.

Mark W.
1965 Falcon "Georgie" - 4door, 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree
1956 Daimler Regency Mk II '104' - "The Big D" - long term resto
various other transportation pods