Re: [Shop-talk] Routers, again (follow up)

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Routers, again (follow up)
From: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 12:02:44 -0700
Thanks for all the input.  Now I just need to decide which one to get,
but at least the choices are narrowed down.

Follow up question:

Can I leave my old wireless network up and live while I'm installing the
new one, then transition the devices over one at a time?  The old one is
named "home" so I could name the new one "new home" and then reconnect
everything, get the MAC filtering, passwords, etc all up one at a time
and if there were any glitches at least the old one would be running as
a backup.

In addition to the desktop (hard wired to the router) I'm running two
netbooks in the house, plus two regular Kindles, a Kindle Fire and a
Nook HD+.

Out in the shop I have an old range booster, another netbook, and
another wifi device that makes my solar panel interface think it's
plugged into a hardwired modem.  I have no idea how I ended up with all
that hardware, but that seems to be the way it goes.