[Shop-talk] Auto xmission fluid change

Subject: [Shop-talk] Auto xmission fluid change
From: marka at maracing.com (Mark Andy)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, John T. Blair wrote:
> say to pull the line from the cooler start engine and try to keep
> pouring fluid in as fast as it is coming out.  I sure don't like that.
> So I was wondering what the consensus was.  What do most of you all do.
>
> What about these machines at the gas stations/shops that swap the fluid.
> How much should it cost?

I take it to a shop that has one of those machines.  Off hand I don't
remember the cost.

I believe that those machines just automate the manual process you
describe though.  Basically they open one of the lines and receive the old
fluid while providing new to the other.  I've had a former trans shop
owner tell me that I can do what the exhange machine does with no issues,
I just haven't wanted to deal with it.

Mark