[Shop-talk] Auto xmission fluid change

Subject: [Shop-talk] Auto xmission fluid change
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:58:05 -0400
Gang,

I've driven manual xmissions cars all my life.  Well I just bought my
wife a new
car with a automatic xmission.  I also just got a call from a college
friend asking
about changing the xmission fluid.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to answer
them.  I'd say it should be changed, but how.  I know a lot of the
sites like for
Voyager van's say to pull the line from the cooler start engine and try to keep
pouring fluid in as fast as it is coming out.  I sure don't like
that.  Also if you
just change the fluid by dropping the xmission pan, you change less than 20%
of the fluid.

So I was wondering what the consensus was.  What do most of you all do.

What about these machines at the gas stations/shops that swap the
fluid.  How much should it cost?

Shop content - I don't really want 10 qts of xmission fluid on the floor of my
garage. :)

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction