[Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists

Subject: [Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists
From: tputland at charter.net (Tim)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 06:59:27 -0400 (EDT)
"Can you test hang from one of them? If so, then you can use that as a
guide to how much each can hold."

Since I go 300 lbs minimum, I will do some hanging on the joists. I
didn't think of that. If it can deal with my fat ass at any given point,
then the  car body load spread out over four of five joists should be
fine.

Thanks everyone! (you jus made my wife happy as i can now get one ore
part car out from behind the shop!)

Tim