[Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists

Subject: [Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists
From: darmstrong at nexicom.net (Doug Armstrong)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:37:37 -0400
It is important to distribute the weight & not support it all on 1 joist.

Put a 2x6 or 4x4 across several trusses and hang the car from that board.
This will distribute the weight across several trusses.  Do this at both
ends of the car.  You should be able to get the weight supported by each
truss to under a hundred pounds each.

Doug Armstrong