[Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!
From: kvacek at ameritech.net (Karl Vacek)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:46:47 -0500
Office has long had an "Open and Repair" option under File Open.  To the
right of the Open button, there's a down-arrow.  Click that and select the
last option, "Open and Repair".  It's not well-known, but it's been there a
long time.  I think I became aware of it around Office 2000, when we had
some issues with old documents previously translated from WordPerfect.
Still there in Office 2010.  Word and Excel have it - I presume some other
Office apps have it, but I haven't looked.
Karl
PS - Have you tried just rebooting?  OS'es are much more stable nowadays,
but a reboot can still cure some weird little issues.