[Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:23:39 -0700
> (But I have
> to see how this affects the file when its transferred to other
> computers not on the UK setting,

The dates already entered will be fine; but if anyone enters a new date,
Excel will read it according to the system setting (ie mm/dd/yyyy in the
US).  Then display it according to the cell format, so it will appear that
month & day are reversed.

> FWIW, I would much rather see a date standard of yyyy/mm/dd.

Personally, I have a lot more trouble figuring out how many days are in a
month (was 2000 a leap year? Is 2100?) than what century it is.  Everyone
seems to think metric is the solution; why not a metric time system?

-- Randall