[Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:09:28 -0400
Thanks to everyone that helped out.  Lots of great insight here!  (I know
I can count on this group for answers.)

Here is what I'm going with.  I will either change my OS to UK (But I have
to see how this affects the file when its transferred to other computers
not on the UK setting, or I will make a BIG note for people to ensure they
put the date in opposite what it really is.

FWIW, I would much rather see a date standard of yyyy/mm/dd.  The reason
is that when this is used, computers list files in chronological order
nicely.  This is how I always do it personally.

Thanks again to all.  As always, I'll buy you all a virtual cup of coffee
or tea!   (But actually I'll donate some real moola to help Mark.)

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

Neil Sherry <neiljsherry at talktalk.net>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
03/15/2012 04:32

shop-talk at autox.team.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!

Ah - just set it to the 'UK' setting and be done! Start the campaign to
change your fellow Americans...

 1. It's not just the UK - most of the rest of the world does it
    dd/mm/yyyy (certainly all of Europe)
 2. It's more logical (you wouldn't write the number 124 as twenty, one
    hundred and four?)
 3. I notice the US immigration authorities require dates to be written
    dd/mm/yyy

Neil

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums