[Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT- Excel help, (before I shoot my computer)!
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:44:25 -0400
Sorry about the off topic post, but my back is against the wall and I
don't know where else to turn.

Here is the issue...

I have an excel spreadsheet that has to have a date cell in the format
dd/mm/yy.  No problem. I set the language to English "UK" and I can select
that format.

Now the problem...

If I enter a date in that format, Excel flips it.  (Ex. If I type in
"03/09/06"  Excel will translate it to "09/03/06" when I move to another
cell.)

If I use a date like "15/03/06" it will not move the date, BUT,  I can't
run formulas against the cell (which is something I need to do.)

It seems like excel will only except me typing in a date in the format of
month-day-year no matter what.  Since the form I get the dates from isn't
like this, it will be way too confusing to continue doing that format.

I've tried creating a custom date cell format and it does the same thing.

Note:  this is excel 2003 version on an XP machine.  But it also does this
on Vista machine with Excel 2007.

HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Shop content, I can't go work in the shop until I finish this spreadsheet!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson