[Shop-talk] computer virus question

Subject: [Shop-talk] computer virus question
From: ronnie.day at gmail.com (Ronnie Day)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 08:35:29 -0600
As others have mentioned, it's occasionally better to just wipe the drive
and reinstall everything. I use AVG or Kaspersky on my Windows boxes and
have them set to update and scan every night at 3 am. On my MacBook laptop,
set up for dual boot into either OSX or Windows using Bootcamp, whenever I
boot into the Windows partition, AVG automatically updates immediately. Am
I paranoid? You bet!  On my Macs I don't run run anything.

So far, no problems with any of them. I'll probably switch to Kaspersky on
the MacBook when/if I update it from XP to Windows 7, but since I use that
side of it primarily for Streets & Trips when we travel and Visio, I'm not
in a huge hurry. The past couple of weeks Fry's has had both AVG and
Kaspersky essentially free. Check out their ads on Fridays at <frys.com/ads
>.

If you haven't bought your new box you might want to consider a Mac.If the
one that's hosed isn't too old just wipe the drive and start over.

FWIW,
Ron