[Shop-talk] computer virus question

Subject: [Shop-talk] computer virus question
From: shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org (Ian McFetridge)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:02:05 -0500
Not sure if this will help now or just in the future...I had to reload my
Win 7 laptop recently due to some error I could not trace.  I booted to the
system restore mode and had the computer restore to a previously saved
restore point, which seems to have been when I installed the last set of
Windows patches.  It seems to be working now, but I still have some odd
errors (can't delete a directory and if I try I get a blue-screen on reboot
that requires a restore to fix it).  I also use the Windows drive image
feature when I first load the computer and have it working the way I want
it to work.  I believe I could reimage the drive with this backup using a
windows system rescue disc, but I haven't tried it yet.

On a related note, we just got a Macbook for the family so they won't use
my laptop and possibly pollute it with spyware and viruses.

- Ian