Re: [Shop-talk] Remodeling insulation

To: <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Remodeling insulation
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:59:15 -0600
I have been working my way around the basement replacing old fiberglass
insulation with new fiberglass insulation and filling up voids that are less
than two inches with GreatStuff foam. It usually expands past the 2x4's and
into the room. I use this ...
http://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-japanese-style-double-edge-saw-67058.html
... to cut the excess off and make the foam flush with the wall.

Given the color or the fiberglass that I am removing from the wall I am
assuming that it was spending at least part of its time as an air filter and
the rest of its time as insulation. I am not suggesting this is the correct
way or even a good way to do it but I do notice that the minor drafts that I
felt around these small cavities that are around the windows and doors are
now gone.

Arvid

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums