Re: [Shop-talk] Remodeling insulation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Remodeling insulation
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:54:26 -0600
Canned foam also does not do well when put on thick. There was a TV show
where they tried to use the foam to make a part using a mold where the
material was several inches thick. The next day when they opened the
mold the only foam that set up was on the surface and there was a large
void where the foam had liquified in the middle.

Tim, there are two types of expanding foam in a can, the stuff you used,
and a minimally expanding foam intended for around doors and windows so
things don't get pushed out.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Tim, On 2/22/2012 6:02 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums