Re: [Shop-talk] 12VDC, 100A, DPDT NO relay

To: KVacek@ameritech.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 12VDC, 100A, DPDT NO relay
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:57:12 -0600
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Karl Vacek <kvacek@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Thanks, John, but if I use that or any other SPST solenoid, I have to use 4
> of them to get the same result as one DPDT relay/solenoid.
> Doable, just expensive - but maybe my best option - we'll see.

That's how every electric winch I've worked on has been wired, with
four big SPST solenoids set up to emulate a DPDT.  Wells sell a couple
continuous duty relays that are probably suitable for your use.  A
ford starter solenoid might be suitbable, depending on your usage
habits: the duty cycle is very low, and it will overheat.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Solenoid-Switch/_/N-9riee?filterByKey