Re: [Shop-talk] 12VDC, 100A, DPDT NO relay

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 12VDC, 100A, DPDT NO relay
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:50:42 -0600
Yes - that's the typical DC winch wiring.

As I think about it, one value of using 4 independent SPST relays is that if
one pair of relay contacts welds closed, the other one used for that
direction can still break the circuit, whereas the whole DPDT relay might
hang if one pair of contacts welded.

The "SuperWinch" 12V 2,000-lb winch looks identical to the HF units - even
the yellow handheld control.  Glad I'm disappointed with the longevity of
the control for $49.99 rather than the $248 Grainger charges for the
SuperWinch.