Re: [Shop-talk] 12VDC, 100A, DPDT NO relay

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 12VDC, 100A, DPDT NO relay
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:00:41 -0500
Don't underestimate the duty cycle issue.  I have worked on a snow
plow that used what sure looked like a starter relay.  But when I put
a starter relay in there, it worked great for a little while, then
pretty much melted.     How about looking at the parts intended for
winches made by major players like Superwinch?  They tend to support
their products.  Parts may not be cheap, though.  Digikey will
probably cost less if they have something suitable.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums