[Shop-talk] Air Compressors

Subject: [Shop-talk] Air Compressors
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:22:06 -0800
> I'd appreciate any advice or recommendation, not necessarily limited
> to these three, but in the general price range and capacity.

My suggestion would be exactly what I did : Look for a lightly used
compressor made by a name-brand company (like IR).  Mine was sold by Sears
and has the Craftsman name on it, but was actually made by IR.  And for
$400, I got an 80-gallon vertical, 2-stage compressor that, as long as I
keep the tank drained properly, should last me until I don't need it any
more.  The price included 100ft of good condition hose, and a giant flower
pot that my wife wanted (similar pots sell for around $100 at the big box).
It's rated 16.9 scfm @ 175 psi (but I've not tried to confirm that).

-- Randall