Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressors

To: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressors
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:26:38 -0800
I have Husky Model VT6315 (the biggest one with wheels) and have no
complaints.  For a compressor, it isn't painfully loud, though is
slightly smaller than the one you listed.  I wanted wheels so I could
move the compressor closer to where it was needed and plug into a
regular 120V outlet.  This worked at well at my previous house on a flat
lot.

My only problem now at the new house is a poor electrical system and
getting the compressor started the first time.  I have to flip it on for
only about 5 seconds at a time until it starts or I pop the breaker.
Once started the first time, I'm good.  One of these days I'll run real
power to the garage.  Can't blame the compressor for this.  The
voltmeter shows about 80 volts when the compressor is trying to start
and the wall outlet.

The comparable Kobalt didn't have the fit and finish of the Husky at the
time I looked.  I seem to recall that Husky was made by C-H.

Brian