Re: [Shop-talk] generac generator won't start ???

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] generac generator won't start ???
From: "John Niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 14:41:34 -0500
more info...   went out in the 97 degrees  and disconnected the starter from
the engine... hooked up   battery charger to the starter directly and it
spun away... hooked up to the bendix and it kicked the gear out for
engagement with the flywheel...   so I stuck it all back together and tried
it again... (nothing stuck on the starter...check

hooked the battery charger to the battery and put it in start mode
120amp... and I still get the 5 or 6 clicks from the relay but have
confirmed that each click does actuate the bendix but the bendix will not
stay engaged...

David,  I'm about to go along with your diagnosis of battery...  gonna cool
off a little and run a load test on the battery... that should be my easiest
fix in  time AND money    but it might wait till the sun gets behind the
trees... it's hot

john