Re: [Shop-talk] generac generator won't start ???

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] generac generator won't start ???
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:23:14 -0400
What that describes to me is the solenoid on the fender.  One big wire comes
from the battery, the other big wire goes to the starter, one small wire comes
from the starter switch.

You can use a screwdriver or whatever convenient metal object to troubleshoot
it.
If you short from the battery wire to the small wire and it starts, then the
switch is bad.
If you short from the battery wire to the big starter wire and it starts, then
the solenoid is bad.
If none of this makes the starter engage then the starter is bad.

Or any of these cable connections could be bad.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums