[Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

Subject: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: strovato at optonline.net (Steven Trovato)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 00:27:43 -0400
It seems that I see recommendations for used equipment often.  It was
built better, it will cost less, etc.  I don't know how you guys
manage this.  My lifestyle does not include weekends dominated by
garage sales and flea markets.  We don't really have pawn shops in
NY.  Yes, there is always ebay and craig's list.  If I need
something, the chance of me finding one used seems pretty small.  If
I want something, and sometime over the next couple of years I happen
to stumble across a used one, great!  The other problem is, if it is
something I've never owned, I'm not going to be able to tell a good
one from a bad one.  I don't want to learn about the critical crack
in the unobtainable part after I've dragged my prize home.  This can
be part of the fun and adventure, but not for a tool I really need
for a project.  Are things very different where you guys live?  Or am
I just doing it wrong?

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net