Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:58:19 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for most of the replies. At least one was, in my opinion,
somewhat out of line.

Anyway,

I won't have a use for the portable stands metioned--I don't do
construction professionally, so the saw will be only used at home. Great
looking feature though! Those of you who use them must LOVE them!!!

I did look at the sliding saws at HD. They were WAY out of my price
range but way cool tools!!!

I tried the only pawn shop less than 45 minutes from my house--it was
closed (on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week) with no mention of this
on their web site. Wasted gas that trip. Pissed me off big time!

I ended up with the 10" compound slider from Horrible Freight (I always
seem to forget about this place). I figure this saw should hold up fine
for what I need to do through out the house since the saw won't be moved
or worked all that hard.

Thanks again to most of you.

PEACE

Tim