Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 02:47:08 -0400
It's about the same for me, Steve.  There are pawn shops here, but I've
rarely found anything worth buying there--the owners are pretty sharp
and there aren't too many deals to be had--usually the prices are close
enough that for me it's worth just buying the thing new.  I've found
good deals on Craigslist, but it's more of a 'push' than 'pull' type
thing for me--I've got the tools section displayed on my iGoogle page so
I see new additions a few times a day.  The few times a year that a deal
pops up you have about twenty minutes to jump on it and make the deal
happen before someone else does.  If you just go to the site and search,
pretty much anything there more than a day old isn't worth calling
about--either too expensive or broken.

I generally don't even look on eBay for (heavy) tool stuff--unless it's
local the cost to ship essentially means you have to give the thing to
me for it to be cheaper than buying new.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong too.

Scott

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums