[Shop-talk] technical question about force applied to mount

Subject: [Shop-talk] technical question about force applied to mount
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:10:06 -0800
> My question is, what kind of force is put on the base of that tire
> changer?

Well, how strong are you?  I have one of those changers, and it sometimes
takes all I can muster to change a tire.  I figure that's about 250 lbf at
the end of what? maybe 7' or so between the end of the lever and where the
changer reaches the floor.  Don't forget, the force changes direction as you
work around the tire, too.

Easiest solution IMO is to look around for a used pneumatic changer <g>

-- Randall