Re: [Shop-talk] Making some shipping crates

To: "Shop-Talk" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Making some shipping crates
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:17:54 -0400
Just a thought about using Pelican or similar cases.  A friend of mine works
for a company that used to use this type of cases to ship their electronic
control modules and kept getting them stolen apparently by people assuming
that a case like that must have something valuable inside it.  One time in
desperation he went to a thrift store and bought some generic suitcases,
fitted them with fitted foam inside to cushion the instruments and shipped
them that way.  Since then they basically don't have any issues with them
being stolen.  Obviously a case of "The Purloined Letter" for those of you
who are familiar with Sherlock Holmes.

Mark Watson (<-- of course I heard all about "Elementary, my dear Watson"
growing up!)
1956 Daimler Regency Mk II '104'
1965 Ford Falcon
various transportation pods