Re: [Shop-talk] Making some shipping crates

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Making some shipping crates
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:58:51 -0400
  On 04/08/2010 3:43 PM, Douglas Braun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you know those study custom made boxes that musicians,
> photographers, etc. use to transport equipment in checked luggage?
> I need to make a reasonable imitation of those, about 10" x 10" x 15".
>   I imagine they are made from plywood, with
> various bumpers, guards, hinges, latches, etc.  Does anybody know a
> good source for the hardware bits,
   The nicer ones are generally called "flight cases", the cheaper
plastic ones are also decent, SKB is a common brand for music gear.

   Remember that a 50lb (~22kg) limit exists on a lot of checked bags
with some airlines, so that doesn't leave a lot of weight for the item
if you make it out of plywood and use lots of hardware. :(

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums