[Shop-talk] HVAC question

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] HVAC question
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:16:55 -0400
Hey Guys,

Anyone know much about current HVAC?  The heat pup at our "shop"  [ok - it's
really the office] has a bum compressor in the outside unit, and the unit is
mis-matched.  It's 1.5 ton, and the inside air handler and coil are 2.0- ton.
seems like a whole new outside unit would be the way to go.

Our repair guy claims that due to the R-22 phase-out, you can not even buy an
R-22 outside coil unit.  He says replacement compressors are available, but the
age and condition of the unit makes this inadvisable.

Is this for real?  I thought the stuff wan't completely banned until 2020.  Is
R-22 equipment really unavailable for service jobs?

-Thanks, Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums