Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:57:21 -0400
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Tim <tputland@charter.net> wrote:
> The system has been rebuilt by the shop that screwed me. They claimed that,
on the first visit, the compressor needed to be replaced. On the next visit
something else had to be replaced. After that second visit the system still
didn't work--not even cool air.

> Once I took it to the shop I use now, they got it working but just not cold
enough for my preference.

> As far as I know, the system was evacuated and refilled. I will verify this.
If it needs to be evacuated and refilled, what are the chances of this
working? Is the R134a that poor of a refrigerant that I will end up SOL?

Your truck came with r134a; it did not come with R12.   It should be
possible to get it to work the way it did when it was new.  It's
possible that the shop used undersized replacement condenser or
evaporators, but low refrigerant levels are more likely.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums