Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c

To: 'shop-talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, Randall
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 7:41:34 -0700
The system has been rebuilt by the shop that screwed me. They claimed that, on
the first visit, the compressor needed to be replaced. On the next visit
something else had to be replaced. After that second visit the system still
didn't work--not even cool air.

Once I took it to the shop I use now, they got it working but just not cold
enough for my preference.

As far as I know, the system was evacuated and refilled. I will verify this. If
it needs to be evacuated and refilled, what are the chances of this working? Is
the R134a that poor of a refrigerant that I will end up SOL?

TIA again

Tim

---- Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

=============
> I'm no A/C guru but it's been my experience that the new
> freon does not get
> the colder  temperatures in the old systems....

I agree, but wouldn't Tim's 96 S10 have had R134a from new?

My guess would be that the compressor is "tired", ie worn and leaking
internally making it not as efficient as it once was.

And whatever you do, don't read these documents:
http://yarchive.net/ac/ghg-hp.html
http://www.vettenet.org/acfaq.txt

Randall