Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic VOIP phones and services

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic VOIP phones and services
From: "Gil Fuqua" <Gil.Fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:50:57 -0600
I have used Skype for years.  It is very reliable, voice quality is good
and calling rates are excellent.  Computer to computer calls work very
well and are free.

I'll call my son on his cell phone in Korea via Skype.  That costs only
a few cents per minute.  He'll call me back on Skype and that part is
free.

I use a cheap USB VOIP phone that looks like an old Nokia handset for my
office computer.  They are available for about $10 from eBay.  You can
also configure the computer speakers and microphone to work with Skype.
Good speakers on a computer are usually a lot better than most
speakerphones.  My home computer is set up to use a headset mic and the
speakers on the computer. Works great as well.

Gil Fuqua
Nashville

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums