Re: [Shop-talk] u-verse

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "'shop-talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] u-verse
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:09:09 -0800
Had the Uverse U200 package installed with Elite (6 Mbps) internet and
unlimited phone in April 09. HD channels but no premium channels (HBO, SHO,
etc.). Install went great. We did have a minor glitch in the order. They
only supplied the DVR box and not the other 3 standard boxes. All was
corrected the same day. They came back later in the week to install a new
incoming line to the house. Has worked almost flawlessly since. Only 1
instance of no signal (TV only) that lasted about 2 hours. HD looks and
works great. You can only record 2 HD programs at once though you really can
record 4 SD shows at once.

Have not had a problem with the internet service or VOIP phone service. The
power went out once for about 5 hours and the battery backup kept it all
going. Phone and internet were still usable although I didn't turn on the
TV. Internet download speed is faster then my work T1 (1.5 Mbps). Wireless
signal works well to as far as my backyard and garage (the only areas I've
tried). Speed tests through my wireless show from 3 Mbps (to east coast) up
to 5.7 Mbps (west coast) download and 1 Mbps upload on both. My wife's
computer is hard wired and runs 5.5 to 5.9 Mbps and 1 Mbps all the time.

Monthly cost came to about $20 more than basic Comcast, AT&T local phone,
AT&T Express DSL (1.5 Mbps) and Sprint long distance. Maybe we've been
luckier than others but we're happy we made the switch.

Oh yeah, we're only 150 ft from the VRAD.

herby@herbytoys.com