Re: [Shop-talk] u-verse

To: john niolon <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] u-verse
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:35:54 -0500
On 1/17/2010 6:12 PM, john niolon wrote:
> thinking about ATT's new combined package for phone/internet/hdtv  which
> will affect my shop computer/tv (shop content)
>
> anyone have any experience, comments, complaints, blatant advertising....
> can save quite a few bucks over individual vendors... if the advertisements
> are really true afa quality and speed...
>
> thanks
> john

I have Comcast but considered UVerse.  Though its available in my area
(SW CT); it's unavailble at my house.  Seems for UVerse/DSL to work you
must be close enough to the phone company's hub.

If they offer it, then you are close enough, but there is a hitch.
Speed varies with distance and just because you can get service does not
mean you will get full speed service.  Make sure you get a guarantee on
internet speed.  Before committing, make sure you get 6 Mbps and not UP
TO 6 Mbps.

Peter Thomas