Re: [Shop-talk] GPS Systems

To: "'John T. Blair'" <jblair1948@cox.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GPS Systems
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:18:54 -0800
I have a Garmin Nuvi 370, essentially a 350 with a Bluetooth hand-free phone
interface.  I'm quite satisfied with it.

Yes, it has told me to drive off a bridge and occasionally can't find an
address in a business park. The directions are only as good as the base map
data. Garmin uses Navteq. You can get an idea of how well it might work in a
give area by going to Yahoo or Mapquest and comparing the map overlay to the
aerial photograph.

The factory suction cup mount broke after about a year of daily off and on
cycles (I take it to work and use it in the company car du jour). I replaced
it with a Ram unit. I almost always use the power cord but the factory says
the battery is good for 4 to 8 hours.

Bob Kegel
Aberdeen, WA